Fruitcake Day was a few days ago.
When my mother in law passed away several years ago. Kristopher asked if it would be OK with the family if he was entrusted with grandma’s fruit cake recipe. Unlike most fruit cakes grandma made an exceptional fruit cake. She made loaves every year for the family. Believe it or not, they were actually very good and the family waited every Christmas to get one. Her rules were that you had to make them before Halloween. They needed time to be dowsed in Brandy and soaked for a good long time to be good.
Kristopher had committed to make them at least every other year. This was a “fruitcake year”. Here are some pictures of the process. I’ll let you know around Christmas how they turned out!
Yes. The Little Dog was supervising.
All of the batter. I sure am glad that between us we have several very large bowls.
Fruit and nuts.
Fruit and fruit. And more fruit!
My kitchen keeps getting smaller!
14 fruitcakes all ready to be tucked in.
Cheese cloth and Brandy. Ready to rest for several weeks. Another Brandy bath will be in 2 weeks.
I am sorry. I have been asked for the recipe. Because this is a family recipe I am not at liberty to share. I am sure there are a few great recipes out there if you look.
- October Host Code: V6NU6WUA this code for your order I will send you a thank you card and a free gift. If your order is over $150 in product, please do not use the host code. I want you to be able to get the hostess rewards. I will still send you the thank you card and gift.
- If you are ordering $100 or more consider the ultimate discount and sign up for the Stampin’ Up! starter kit. You will get an ongoing 20% discount on all of your purchases and support and ideas from me and my team. Click on the wish list below to find out more.
- If you would like to join my team click HERE for information. I would love to have you join us!
- Sign up for my customer newsletter. You will get exclusive offers and added tutorials and ideas.
- Follow me on Pinterest. Click on the picture below.